This chapter describes on GaN epitaxial materials grown on sapphire substrates as a currently most important technological platform for visible light-emitting diode (LED) and solid-state lighting technology. The chapter begins with historical background of GaN material development and fundamental properties of sapphire as a substrate for the epitaxial growth of GaN. The chapter then discusses fundamental, technical, and economical aspects of the GaN on sapphire relevant to the application of LEDs, including strained heteroepitaxial growth, epitaxial overgrowth, nonpolar and semipolar GaN growth, followed by a brief outlook of visible LEDs based on the GaN-on-sapphire platform.
- Epitaxial growth;
- Epitaxial overgrowth;
- GaN (gallium nitride);
- Light-emitting diodes (LEDs);
- Nonpolar and semipolar growth;
- Patterned sapphire substrates;
- Sapphire substrates;
- Strained heteroepitaxial growth
- Source:SciencedirectFor more information, please visit our website:www.qualitymaterial.net,send us email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Post a Comment